Return to index | Return to list of articles in: WisdomExperience
Please note: The information on this website is not a recommendation for treatment. Anyone reading it
should consult his/her physician before considering treatment. The author and publisher can't be held responsible for anything. Use on your own risk.
Insomnia, some tips
Someone on the HealingCrow list complained of sleep problems. I sent him this short list of tips that might help with insomnia
Monday, July 19 2004 - Filed under: General
The only times when I can't sleep well is when I've eaten too much or the wrong things or too late in the evening.
Try this for a few days to see what happens, especially when the liver isn't very strong:
* Eat the heavy diner which includes the meat in the afternoon
* Eat a light salad with plenty olive oil in the early evening
* Don't eat *anything* after 18:00 hours
* Drink enough water, no tea, no coffee, etc
If it's caused by a weak liver which has to work overtime in the night, then this might help.
If it's mineral imbalance related then it might only help a little bit.
If you haven't tried something like this before, I think it's worth a try.
* Unplug any wireless phone or wireless network you might have in the house (if neccessary also ask the neighbours)
* Unplug any electric appliance in the bedroom or even better: Make the bedroom free of electricity.
* Make the bedroom as dark as possible, to such extent that you can't see your own hand in front or your eyes (this optimized melatonin production)
* Get a lot of sunshine during the day and go to bed as soon as your body asks you to
* Sungazing would be an option you could consider. My father cured his insomnia doing that (check www.newtreatments.org/
for more info on this)