Return to index | Return to list of articles in: WisdomExperience
Please note: The information on this website is not a recommendation for treatment. Anyone reading it
should consult his/her physician before considering treatment. The author and publisher can't be held responsible for anything. Use on your own risk.
Insomnia, some tips
Monday, July 19 2004 - Filed under: General
Someone on the HealingCrow list complained of sleep problems. I sent him this short list of tips that might help with insomnia
The only times when I can't sleep well is when I've eaten too much or the wrong things or too late in the evening.
Try this for a few days to see what happens, especially when the liver isn't very strong:
* Eat the heavy diner which includes the meat in the afternoon
* Eat a light salad with plenty olive oil in the early evening
* Don't eat *anything* after 18:00 hours
* Drink enough water, no tea, no coffee, etc
If it's caused by a weak liver which has to work overtime in the night, then this might help.
If it's mineral imbalance related then it might only help a little bit.
If you haven't tried something like this before, I think it's worth a try.
* Unplug any wireless phone or wireless network you might have in the house (if neccessary also ask the neighbours)
* Unplug any electric appliance in the bedroom or even better: Make the bedroom free of electricity.
* Make the bedroom as dark as possible, to such extent that you can't see your own hand in front or your eyes (this optimized melatonin production)
* Get a lot of sunshine during the day and go to bed as soon as your body asks you to
* Sungazing would be an option you could consider. My father cured his insomnia doing that (check www.newtreatments.org/
for more info on this)